- Program your transmitter so that the switches are associated to channels, e.g. landing flaps, retractable gear, and so on.
- During the calibration of the transmitter in HELI-X do the following: When you were asked to move the sticks to their endpoints, also move the switches.
- Then your switches can be associated with functions in HELI-X in the "Buttons" section
Makes sure that you interface can transmit more than 4 channels.
It is likely that you did not go through the complete calibration process:
- Choose Configuration->Controller and press Sticks.
- Next follow the instructions through the whole process and press Next to move to the next step.
- Note that the bars do not move until you stepped to the next step.
- At the end, leave the setup with "OK". The save button is only needed, when you want to store different configurations, e.g., when you fly helicopter with mode 2 and planes with mode 1.
- On your router, define a port forwarding for TCP/IP and UDP: You need three sequential ports, e.g. 30000-30002 (TCP) and 30000-30002 (UDP).
- In the Windows firewall go to advanced settings and define two inbound rules, one for TCP/IP and one for UDP. Use the same ports as before.
- When defining the HELI-X server, set the port to the first number from above, that is 30000 in our example.
- If it still does not work, another firewall or virus program might prevent the incoming messages.
In HELI-X V8, use the function "Toggle Animation on/off". In V9 and above use the function "Toggle landing gear up/down"
You can define the position of the training by choosing another start position. In HELI-X V8 use the menu (Shortcuts->Set new start position) to define the actual position as the new start position. In V9 you can also switch from different start positions in the simulation menu.
The first pilot logged in into the session can select a new airport and the go to the menu Multiplayer->send scene description. Then the airport is changed for all players.
You can use the software OBS Studio for this.
Download them within HELI-X from the menu Options->Look for new ...
- You have to select in Configuration->Global Options->OpenGL the screen resolution and the framerate to be used in Fullscreen. You may have to try different settings.
</br /></br />
- Some older graphics adapters may not be able to display fullscreen.
Make sure that there is a playback device activated on your computer.
Try to install OpenAL.
You can use the functions "Hand Launch" (also at certain heights) or the function "Increase Height".
In airports, it is optionally possible to save default wind settings. You can do this by yourself, but you have to edit the xml file of the airport by yourself (use an editor like notepad++ for this). The you can add/edit lines for the wind settings. See the xml file of an airport with wind as example:
Yes. Locate the scenes folder in the resources directory. And take the available scenes as an example. You may want to use an editor like notepad++ to edit the xml file.
No, this is not possible. However, note that your last helicopter or plane is loaded automatically when HELI-X is restarted.
The update mechanism inside of HELI-X works only when you stay to the same major version numer, e.g. from 7.0 to 7.1. For a larger update (e.g. 8.0 to 9.0), you typically have to install the new demo version and then actiavate it with your key.