V7, RX2SIM and Windows 10 Surface Pro 3

Installation and usage on Windows / Installation unter Windows
paolofcantoni

V7, RX2SIM and Windows 10 Surface Pro 3

Post by paolofcantoni »

I am trying to set up Heli-X v7 to run under Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3. I'm running RX2SIM with a DSMX Satellite in Game Controller mode (Purple mode and Blue DSMX LEDs) Heli-X does NOT see any input. On the same machine, I am using two other SIMs which are working fine with RX2SIM. I can calibrate the joystick via Joy.cpl.

What do I have to do to make Heli-X see the input? Where should I look for issues?

TIA,
Paolo
Michael

Re: V7, RX2SIM and Windows 10 Surface Pro 3

Post by Michael »

You need the blue lamp on. On my machine, sometimes, RX2SIM has problems. Then I plug it in and out and restart HELI-X.

You kno that you have to calibrate?

Also: Some Sim do not free the ressources. So it might be a good idea to restart the computer.

Michael
paolofcantoni

Post by paolofcantoni »

Michael wrote:
27 Jun 2018 22:14
You need the blue lamp on. On my machine, sometimes, RX2SIM has problems. Then I plug it in and out and restart HELI-X.

You know that you have to calibrate?

Also: Some Sim do not free the resources. So it might be a good idea to restart the computer.

Michael
You mean the Blue DSMX LED? Yes, the Blue LED is on as is the Purple LED for Game Controller mode.

Yes, I know I have to calibrate (in Heli-X). The problem is there is nothing to calibrate! Moving the sticks shows NO change on the main Heli-X calibrate screen and the stick renderers do not move.

I'll try a reboot!

Paolo
paolofcantoni

Post by paolofcantoni »

Is Heli-X 7 supposed to link to the joystick that can be seen with joy.cpl? I can see the DX7s via RX2SIM and can calibrate it with joy.cpl.

But Heli-X doesn't see the game controller. What's missing? BTW, I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled Heli-X 7 - no change in behaviour.

Paolo
paolofcantoni

Post by paolofcantoni »

At work, I have an old SIMLink Controller (Interlink Clone). I also have two machines, both running windows 7. On one, Heli-X works fine. On the other, the same symptoms as with the Windows 10 machine. There doesn't seem to be any connection between Heli-X and the joy.cpl controller.

There must be something I can check.

Paolo