Heli-X and SteamLink

Installation and usage on Windows / Installation unter Windows
azaz44

Re: Heli-X and SteamLink

Post by azaz44 »

Thanks DruiD for help. I got it running, although it took me some time, and at the end I used a bit different method, but you put me on the right track.

First of all, it looks like Steam doesn't care what you start, it just streams active window, whatever it is. If you start some "helix.exe", and what is running at the end is "java.exe" - it's fine, Steam doesn't care. Which makes things much easier. I though Steam has some more complex handling there.

So I ended up doing it like this, without any tools:
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (204.57 KiB) Viewed 2154 times
Then, one problem I had is, there are some "req query" lines in the batch, and for some reason they only work if you start the batch file directly. If it is started over your solution, or the one with CMD, these "reg query" can't find data in registry. I have no idea why. But it can be solved by just hardcoding them into the batch file, so have to replace this:

Code: Select all

for /f "tokens=2*" %%a in ('reg query "HKLM\Software\HELI-X\HELI-X10\Settings"  /V Path') do set HomePath=%%b
for /f "tokens=2*" %%a in ('reg query "HKLM\Software\HELI-X\HELI-X10\Settings"  /V ExePath') do set ExePath=%%b

cd "%HomePath%"
if exist .\libs\HeliX\HeliX10_new.jar (

with this:

Code: Select all

set HomePath=C:\ProgramData\HELI-X10
set ExePath=C:\Program Files\HELI-X10

cd "%HomePath%"
if exist .\libs\HeliX\HeliX10_new.jar (
And then things work perfectly. Happy to have Heli-X streamable now..
DruiD

Re: Heli-X and SteamLink

Post by DruiD »

Excellent, always more rewarding working it out for yourself. You had a journey for sure - many easier ways, but GG!