SOLVED: Heli-x10 does not detect three position switch on DX9

Installation and usage on Windows / Installation unter Windows
cyclo

SOLVED: Heli-x10 does not detect three position switch on DX9

Post by cyclo »

Heli-X10 is able to detect the 3 position Flight Mode switch on my wired Interlink Elite (Futaba) USB Tx that came with RealFlight 7.5.

However with the DX9 and the Spektrum SPMWS2000 wireless dongle, I am unable to configure Heli-X10 to detect the three position Flight Mode Switch on DX9 (Switch B)... It detects only two positions. Throttle Hold is detected just fine (Switch H) as a two position switch. Has anyone successfully configured the three position Flight Mode switch on their DX9 on Heli-X10?

As a result of the issue described above, I am only able to configure two Flight Modes (Bank 2 and Bank 3 plus Motor Off/Throttle Hold) when using the DX9 transmitter. When using the Interlink Elite USB Tx, I am able to select Bank 1, Bank 2 Bank 3 using the FM three position switch and turn off the motor using the Throttle Hold switch.

Other details... My PC is running Windows !0.
Last edited by cyclo on 12 Jan 2022 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
cyclo

Re: Heli-x10 does not detect three position switch on DX9

Post by cyclo »

I should probably add that I tried both Model Types Heli and Acro... In Acro I can set the Flight Mode switch to Aux 1, Throttle Hold switch to to Aux 2, and the Bind button to Aux 3 which I programmed to activate rescue.

When Acro is selected for Model Type, Flight mode, throttle hold, rescue switches/button all work on the Spektrum except there are still only two available options when using the Flight Mode switch.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Do use a normal model on the transmitter and let the switches work as normal channels.
cyclo

Post by cyclo »

Thanks for the tip Michael but I have spend a lot of time doing trial and error trying to get the Flight Mode switch properly to have three modes. I have tried to copy one of my models (Oxy 5) and going from there, tried creating a new Heli model on the DX8 (also on the DX9), and finally creating a new Acro model on DX8.

The Spektrum Heli model only lets the Sim recognize Aux 2 (Spectrum Switch B / Flight Mode) and Aux 3 (Spektrum Switch H / Throttle Hold) switches. And Switch B only two positions could be recognized. With Acro, the Sim is able to also recognize Aux 1 which I mapped to the bind button to activate rescue. With Acro mode, only two positions could be recognized when toggling Switch B / Flight Mode switch.

EDIT: The Spektrum DX8 / WS2000 wireless dongle works on AccuRC 2.0 after I selected WS2000 option on one of the drop-downs... Three Flight Modes, TH, Rescue. I am using the same Acro Model Setting on the Tx.

FWIW, below are the the mapping on Windows 10 game controller of the Flight Mode switch...

IU1:
Bank1.jpg
Bank1.jpg (51.24 KiB) Viewed 4969 times
IU2:
Bank2.jpg
Bank2.jpg (51.13 KiB) Viewed 4969 times
IU3
Bank3.jpg
Bank3.jpg (48.65 KiB) Viewed 4969 times
Note that button 1 (recognized by Hel-X10) only switches off or on between IU2 (off) and IU3 (on) positions. IU1 and IU2 are both off. What changes in all three modes is the z-Rotation... Not mapped in Heli-X10.
cyclo

Post by cyclo »

Got it working... Thanks for your feedback on FB Michael!

The issue was resolved by also moving the switches/button (3 position Flight Mode, Throttle Hold, and Bind button) on the dialog page that asks to move the collective/rudder and cyclic sticks to get them recognized. Once that is done, I had to program the switches as follows (after first deleting the SPEKTRUMRECEIVER.xml file from the Windows C:\ProgramData\HELI-X10\files\controller directory):

IU1, Switch 5 (Flight Mode) at 100%
Heli-XBank1.jpg
Heli-XBank1.jpg (121.28 KiB) Viewed 4946 times
IU2, Switch 5 (Flight Mode) at 0%
Heli-XBank2.jpg
Heli-XBank2.jpg (112.07 KiB) Viewed 4946 times
IU3, Switch 5 (Flight Mode) at -100%
Heli-XBank3.jpg
Heli-XBank3.jpg (119.39 KiB) Viewed 4946 times