Free Demo Problems

Installation and usage on Windows / Installation unter Windows
Zach122

Free Demo Problems

Post by Zach122 »

I am using the free demo to see if I can control an FPV quadcopter and the simulation is great. However, after a few minutes the pop up to get the full version comes up on my screen and I can't close the pop up. This means I have to completely exit out of the program and open it up again in order to continue flying, and then the pop up happens again and the process resets. Is there a way to fix this so I can fly without having to exit and open the program every few minutes? Thanks.
Michael

Re: Free Demo Problems

Post by Michael »

Which version are you using?
Is there an output in the console window?
Which operation system?

Michael
pbb

Post by pbb »

I have almost exactly the same problem.

I have been using the demo program for about a month successfully, but after a recent series of M$ updates, I have found that as soon as Heli-x5 finishes loading the 'spoiler' screen appears and I cannot remove it, and so I can't use the program at all.

I am using version 5.0.1405 on windows 8. After the messages in the console window referring to Java, there is just following:

Set new path for the resources: C:/HELI-X5/resources/
Set new path for the user files: C:/HELI-X5/files/
Controller found: Name: ADC(ADC)
Using Stick ADC
Digital component found:Button 0
Digital component found:Button 1
Digital component found:Button 2
Analog component found:Y Rotation
Analog component found:X Rotation
Analog component found:Z Axis
Analog component found:Y Axis
Analog component found:X Axis
Controller configuration file found: C:/HELI-X5/files/controller/ADC.xml
Controller configuration file C:/HELI-X5/files/controller/ADC.xml read

Do you have any idea what may have happened?
JS1

Post by JS1 »

What do you guys mean by "can not close the nag screen"?
Do you have no button that you can click on or does it just not work? (do you see the progress bar at the bottom then?)
...maybe you can attach a printscreen?
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.
pbb

Post by pbb »

What I mean by 'cannot close' the nag screen is that when the program is started, the nag screen appears, the progress bar operates, but once it reaches the end of its travel the nag screen just remains in position, preventing access to the menus.

I can operate the F12 and 1 & 2 keys and I can operate the model using my controller, but there is no button to remove the nag screen and it doesn't go away on its own.

If I click on the background to activate the menu bar, nothing happens.

I have tried re-installing the package, but it hasn't corrected this behaviour.

Nag screen finished
Nag screen finished
Heli-x5a.jpg (51.52 KiB) Viewed 9466 times
Nag screen in progress
Nag screen in progress
Heli-x5.jpg (50.84 KiB) Viewed 9466 times
JS1

Post by JS1 »

that is strange. there should be buttons at the bottom of the nag screen... can you somehow scroll down to them? Or maybe change the screen resolution to show the window smaller? Sorry, just guessing - Michael may know more when he reads this...
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.
pbb

Re: Free Demo Problems - FIXED

Post by pbb »

Hi JS1,

Your suggestion of a resolution change seemed to have no effect, All of the nag screen was visible at the slightly lower than maximum that I was using.

The problem turned out to be the fact that I had previously switched on the stick display, the status bar and the keys prompt (F12, 1 & 2), and all of these must have been covering the graphic of the buttons so that they couldn't be seen.

However once I could see where the buttons actually should be, I found they were still active so the problem is resolved.

Oddly enough, the buttons are now visible through the other overlays, but, as you can see from the jpgs, they weren't previously!

Thanks for your help

pbb