Hobbyking 6CH R/C Flight Simulator on Win7

Installation and usage on Windows / Installation unter Windows
JS1

Re: Hobbyking 6CH R/C Flight Simulator on Win7

Post by JS1 »

This sounds like you are running another program for calibration parallel to Heli-X?
Maybe there is some other process amplifying the inputs. Could be some secondary program trying to control inputs before Heli-X or sort of driver issue with similar effect.

Just guessing, but as far as I remember for my USB controller I think I didn't install anything. It runs with the standard windows joistick driver and no other 3rd party software whatsoever. ...
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.
Mgfiest

Post by Mgfiest »

I tested this controller with the FMS program and the controller responds appropriately with that software...

If there is another program out there that wants to use this controller... how would you find it...
JS1

Post by JS1 »

Mgfiest wrote:I have gone back to the window calibration as well as the s/w calibration...
So you have 2 different calibrations??

Since it is working with FMS hardware problem and driver problem can probably be ruled out. Also Heli-X software is working well for all others, including users with the HK or other USB controllers like me - so a SW bug of the sim is unlikely too. Therefore I can only think of 3 other possible causes:
1) Calibration is wrong - either in Heli-X alone or accidentally conflicting with a calibration in another program.
2) Calibration is ok but inputs are amplified by another software controlling signals in parallel to Heli-X.
3) Everything is correct as is but throttle/pitch are unfamiliar depending on your level. Throttle: What rpm at neutral stick do you get for which heli? Pitch: lower dualrate and add expo to tame response.

If you are online today around 22h CET I could get a better impression of the actual stick response.
Mgfiest

Post by Mgfiest »

Seeing we got some time difference I will try and get some screen shots of my config and maybe video how I try to hover that should help you in helping me...thanks
JS1

Post by JS1 »

ok, let's see if we can work it out that way :-).
Remember to turn on stick display, variometer and status line when you record a video. In addition you can record a flight in heli-x to see if there is any difference when played back on another system.
Mgfiest

Post by Mgfiest »

well I got the pics and video done but it appears it too big to put in here... I will need your email to send it to you.. unless you know a way to get it out here...

the zip file is 4.8meg and the 2 pics are which are png files... 2.7megs
Mgfiest

Post by Mgfiest »

I would like to thank js1 for all the help he has provided ... I think I got this thing manageable :D