Switch allocation/ always spooled up

Installation and usage on Windows / Installation unter Windows
Thoraptor

Switch allocation/ always spooled up

Post by Thoraptor »

Hi Folks,
Very new to this trainer and Flying so just looking for help to get started.
Have installed the free version and using the Dielersdork (Skybox 1034) and the T-Rex 600 6s.
If I can get this working properly then I intend to purchase the version 5.

Went through and set up the Tx then it took me to allocating switches. Think I did something wrong in that area as I had no idea what I was doing. The heli flies OK but is always spooled up when on the ground. Is that normal? How do I get back to switch allocation and set them correctly?

Running windows 7 64bit using a Spectrum DX8 Tx.

Thanks in anticipation for the help given,
Regards
Thoraptor
Michael

Re: Switch allocation/ always spooled up

Post by Michael »

Hello

What du you mean with "spooled up"?

Michael
Thoraptor

Post by Thoraptor »

Hi Michael,

When the heli reset after a crash or first appears on the screen, the main blades are already spinning.
Spooling up is getting the blades spinning at a speed ready for the pitch to take over and lift the heli off.

Regards
Thoraptor
JS1

Post by JS1 »

Hi

not quite sure if this answers your question, but in Heli-X 5 the default start condition when the heli is re-/loaded is with motor running in idle1. This is the case namely when starting up the sim, loading a new heli model, re-loading the active, or after crashing.

Intention is to make it easier for newbies who have not figured out how to switch to idle1 to get the motor running :-). ...maybe also for people who want to load and fly in a rush :-D.

When you crash with motor off, and I think also when you turn it off an load another model, it will stay off - just keeping the condition as before (but does not save it when you exit the sim entirely).
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.
Thoraptor

Post by Thoraptor »

Thanks JS1, I now understand what I should expect.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Thoraptor