Rev 2425

For the beta test. Do not forget to mention your computer system if it might be relevant
Michael

Re: Rev 2425

Post by Michael »

please try the airport Dietersdorf and lokk straight and press "center view" (keyboard function.

Are your glasses calibrated in steamVR?
RandomDude

Post by RandomDude »

Nope that doesn't work either. "Center view" only seems to re-center the GUI, nothing changes in my actual view. I couldn't find an option to calibrate the headset in SteamVR, but everything works fine in all other Oculus or SteamVR applications.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hi RandomDude,

you are - as far as I know - the only one with this problem that the Orientation for the head movements of the VR glasses do not work. Can you send you hardware specifications, please?

Michael
RandomDude

Post by RandomDude »

As HMD I'm using a Quest 2 via AirLink (also tried with the Link cable - same result).
PC specs:
I7 7820x
RTX 2070 Super
16gigs ram
M2 SSD

Thanks again for looking into this.
modellermark2

Post by modellermark2 »

RandomDude wrote:
02 Oct 2021 07:47
Hey,
I'm just trying the VR mode in the V10 Beta, but somehow my head movement and what's actually happening in my FOV feels way off (when I move my head, the actual image moves quite a bit more, so I'm getting motion sick after a few minutes). However, when playing around with the camera settings, literally nothing changes.
I wanted to try the demo before I buy. Is that the reason I can't change the settings and it would work in the full version or what am I doing wrong?
Did you do anything special to get your VR connected - I have tried with my Quest 2 via Oculus Link and Wirelss using Virtual Desktop but just get a black screen in the Goggles.
On the PC Screen I see the game running and tracking my head movements but can't get anything in the Goggles ... just says I am running "Java" and it is black.
Thanks, Mark
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hi

the VR mode in HELI-X uses SteamVR. So for oculus glasses you need the Oculus App and Steam VR.
modellermark2

Post by modellermark2 »

Thanks
I have the Oculus App and Steam VR - Steam VR runs when I run Heli X but it just says it is running "Java".

Everything appears on the screen with head tracking working and sound in the headset but the screen is completely black.

I know in AccuRC the goggles go completely blue until you click "Fly" on the screen but I can see anything that gets HeliX to appear in the goggles.

I went back to the default flying site too but still the same.

Thanks
Mark

you can see what SteamVR shows ... I added more detal in the other thread I created
Attachments
vr_01.jpg
vr_01.jpg (31.73 KiB) Viewed 6590 times
Michael

Post by Michael »

I is difficult to help, since I do not have this hardware. Today, I managed to run VR with HELIX on my notebook. I had a similar issue as you. For me, updating the NVIDIA drivers did the trick.

And for the use: When you start HELI-X VR everything should go on until you see something ni your glasses, there is - when it works - no need to press something or so.

Michael
modellermark2

Post by modellermark2 »

I checked out my NVidea drivers and related software today.
I realised that not having an .exe for the program I could not specifically add it to the configuration so I set it to always use my NVidea card and updated the drivers and all related software.
This has now worked so that when I start it up, wirelessly via Virtual Desktop, it displays in the Goggles and headtracking etc all work properly.
I was a bit glitchy at times but I think my laptopn was doing a backup so network and processing was being shared.
But at least it now works.

One thing I noticed is that if I take my Quest 2 goggles off for a few seconds, which causes them to "sleep" then I lose the game and can only see it running on my desktop again - any idea how to be able to get it back in the goggles after removing them?

Thanks for the help so far

Mark
Michael

Post by Michael »

There is an option

Configuration->Global settings->miscellaneous->Pause when lost focus. Perhaps it helps to turn this off....

Michael