Default Canvas Sizes

You findings in V9. Don't forget to mention the revision number and your operating system, when appropriate.
danieldh206

Default Canvas Sizes

Post by danieldh206 »

Uninstalled beta and installed released version 9.0.2229.

All went well until I changed the font size for my 4K monitor. After re-start, the default canvas size of 1024X600 is too small and the menus are too big. I could not navigate to canvas size to make the canvas bigger. The default canvas size should be bigger or put the Canvas Size at the top of the menu so it can still be reachable after changing the font size.

Thank you,
Daniel
danieldh206

Re: Default Canvas Sizes

Post by danieldh206 »

Basically, if someone did what I did by updating the font size before updating the canvas size it is very difficult to change back. I also could not just drag the canvas bigger because the menus were stuck open.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Can't you drag the window size with the mouse? Lower right edge ...?
danieldh206

Post by danieldh206 »

Micheal,
I could not. The statistics page was open so I used my hotkey to try and go to full-screen mode but fullscreen was set to 320 X 200 and when I switched back I could no longer drag the window size bigger. I restarted Heli-x and switched the font back. If Heli-x starts with the size of a window smaller than width 1440 X 1024 the 32 sized 4k font is too big and makes navigating to the menus difficult to make changes.
Thank you,
Daniel
Michael

Post by Michael »

Ok, I understand. But as long as you donot switch to full screen, you can change the size of the window by dragging, right?

And there is sometimes an issue with the windows mode after closing the full screen.

M