Please note your findings. Do not forget to mention your operating system and the revision of the HELI-X version.
Michael

Post by Michael »

You may update to revision 1906:

- small chnages in the StickMover configuration.
- filter in the plane selection improved.

Thank you for your feedback.

Michael
Brian

Re: 1906

Post by Brian »

- You should not show RES, Trojan, Extra300, and Extra330, if filter for planes is set to >2.0m.
- Ground handling of Extra300 much better now :-)
Brian

Re: 1906

Post by Brian »

Tortuga flying good now, thank you for fixing.

Model Selection:
Plane filter 'Scale' should not show Edge540v3_FC. Put it to 'Trainer'.
Add engine type 'none' for gliders (possibly a feature for 8.1).
Filter >2m (greater!) should not include planes with a wing span of exactly 2m (sorry for nitpicking).

> Fixed in 1912

Status bar:
Tortuga and DassaultMystere showing 0 rev/min, if engine is on (idle speed).

> Fixed in 1912 for Tortuga, but DassaultMystere shows 2000 rev/min. when turbine idle (too low).

EasyStar and EasyStar_Ailerons show realistic rev/min on ground, but when flying in the air, throttle can't be reduced to less than 8000 rev/min (only a display problem). It seems, that no plane has realistic rev/min when in the air (alway too high, if throttle is idle or near idle).

> Not fixed in 1912.

Extra330XL (2019-02-22):
Too fast, over 400 km/h after some ten seconds of acceleration (needs more air resistance).
For a plane with a mass of 18kg, it needs more inertia.

> Fixed in 1912.

Extra330 (2019-02-21):
Is it true, that this E-powered plane reaches 200km/h? It makes the impression, that this model is over-powered (rate of ascend 34m/s). My Wind S50E, 1,6m wing span, 5kg, 6S is much slower, needs more runway to take-off, and does not have such a massive climb rate. What do other pilots say?

> Fixed in 1912 (appx. 120km/h).

FK12 Comet (2019-02-16);
I think this plane is over-powered, too. If I set its mass to 20kg, it feels more realistic according to climb-rate, inertia, an used length of runway before take-off.

> Max climb rate 20m/s (2019-02-24) too high.

Visual cognition of speed:
If you fly Tortuga and Extra330 with a ground speed of 200km/h, the visual cognition of speed is much higher for Tortuga than for Extra330. The runway at Dietersdorf (nice airport) is appx. 106m long (Google maps). Therefore, a pane having a ground speed of 200km/h needs appx. 2 seconds to pass the runway from its beginning to the end. Using a stop watch, I can measure that Tortuga takes appx. 2 seconds to pass, but Extra330 (same ground speed shown in the status line) takes appx. 3 seconds. There're two possibilities. First the visual cognition, or second the displayed ground speed is wrong.

> Fixed in 1912.

Would it be possible for planes to switch their engine completely off (0 rev/min), if autorotation switch is on?

> Implemented. Thank you :-) Now, I can use the AR switch (also used for helis) to train emergency motor-off landings.

You're very close to a release. Congratulation!