How do I make .xml file for new model ? Having problems...

Tips for the tuning of the helicopters / Tipps für die Einstellung der Helis
Ross

How do I make .xml file for new model ? Having problems...

Post by Ross »

Hi guys, I've made a new model (quadcopter, H pattern) that I would like to try in Heli-x. The model is fine and opens in all my 3d programs ok but will not work when I try to load it in Heli-x, the current airport loads but the model is not there.

I've taken an xml file from one of the other quadcopters and edited what I think I needed to make it work with my model, but to be honest I'm not really sure which parameters are important or mandatory ?

Would it be possible for someone to provide me with a very basic xml file to use as a starting point for a base model quadcopter (like the one available for helicopters). I would love to design more types of multi-rotor models for Heli-x users to download, if only I can get them to work !

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Ross.
Michael

Re: How do I make .xml file for new model ? Having problems.

Post by Michael »

Hi Ross,

the basic information can be found in the documentation. It might also help to look into the console. I suggest that you send me what you did and I'll look what goes wrong there. Just Email the whole directory to info at heli-x.net

I am glad to help you.

Michael
Ross

Post by Ross »

Thanks MIchael. I read the documentation and think I have changed what I need to in the xml. The console only shows one error message (about not finding max blade radius, but it also shows this error message for another quadcopter that works ok )

I will email across the folder this morning, thanks for having a look.

Ross.
JS1

Post by JS1 »

Have you named all the rotors and spinning disc correctly? For multis it does not say exactly in the documentation. best is to check an existing model for reference.
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.