new user

For questions regarding the models and airports / Bei Fragen zu Modellen und Airports
mtaddei

new user

Post by mtaddei »

ciao to all,
just down loaded the free version. my question, which is the best helicopter for training ?
JS1

Re: new user

Post by JS1 »

That question is as old as simulators I guess. Depends on what you want to train.

Assuming you are completely new to heli flying? Then most find a big size heli (600, 700, ...) to be more steady. Add some expo and dual rate to make them even tamer. FBL or paddle seems to be very individual preference. If you start from zero, maybe use a coaxial or multicopter in ACC mode first to get used to orientations and stick inputs. Once you got past the basic orientation and can keep it in a somewhat stable hover, you may want to chose a model closer to you real life heli.

Since you still use the free demo version, the choice is limited anyway. just try the few models available.
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.
Daniel Orchard

Re: new user

Post by Daniel Orchard »

JS1 wrote:
07 Jan 2014 08:21
That question is as old as simulators I guess. Depends on what you want to train.

Assuming you are completely new to heli flying? Then most find a big size heli (600, 700, ...) to be more steady. Add some expo and dual rate to make them even tamer. FBL or paddle seems to be very individual preference. If you start from zero, maybe use a coaxial or multicopter in ACC mode first to get used to orientations and stick inputs. Once you got past the basic orientation and can keep it in a somewhat stable hover, you may want to chose a model closer to you real life heli.

Since you still use the free demo version, the choice is limited anyway. just try the few models available at https://mr.bet.

Thanks for valuable thoughts