Suggestion for autorotation learning

Your suggestion for the next versions / Deine Vorschläge für neue Versionen
azaz44

Suggestion for autorotation learning

Post by azaz44 »

I'm exploring possiilities ot "No Collective Training" with "Only Fixed Height" checked, so the heli can be moved around. It is super great to train some aspects of heli flying.

And I wonder -- could it work for autorotations too? It would be great to turn off the motor and fly in auto for extended periods of time, to learn doing circles, fly different sides etc. And also learn orientations, because somehow when collective is opposite than normal, brain gets stupied with elevator and rudder.

At the moment this doesn't work, because if you turn off the motor, heli does not behave like in autos. Blades loos RPM even if you keep proper angles for AR, and overall behavior is wrong. But maybe this could be fixed?
azaz44

Re: Suggestion for autorotation learning

Post by azaz44 »

BTW, if this would be fixed, it would be great to also have some other heights, so one could train at 30 or 50 m and not only max 3m. But I think even with these heights which are already there it would be super useful.
azaz44

Re: Suggestion for autorotation learning

Post by azaz44 »

Flying a lot in Heli-X recently - great Sim.
I have to say that the option to use higher altitude with "no collective training" would be super useful, even when heli is locked in position. Maybe it could be implemented in a way, that when heli is in the air (as opposed to the gorund), starting the training would lock heli position in all 3 axis. Heli-X does it now with X and Y pos, but not Z.

One example where this would be useful is learning rolling loops. You could the lock the heli in a position where you have problems (typically 3rd quarter of the loop) and practice there, having the heli at the right angle and orientation as in real life.

Practicing in from of you, like it is possible now, is not correct, because you see heli in wrong orientation.