Cannot Get Spektrum DX8 to Work

Installation and usage on Mac OS-X / Installation unter Mac OS-X
azure

Cannot Get Spektrum DX8 to Work

Post by azure »

Heli-X had been working fine with my Spektrum DX6i for months. I just upgraded to a DX8 and now I can't get Heli-X to recognize the transmitter. When I plug the cable into the trainer port (with the transmitter turned off) it powers up as as it did with the DX6i, but on the screen it says slave. I've tried the different trainer modes in the DX8 (inhibit, master, etc), and even though I've changed the settings, when powered up I can't get rid of the slave on the display. Is the problem related to this? Can someone tell me how to configure the transmitter or Heli-X so that the two interface? I did a search here on the forum, but the responses have been in German, which unfortunately I don't speak.

Thanks.

Spectrum DX8
Mac: Intel Xeon Dual Core 2x 2.66 OSX 10.5.8
Mile High Wings USB cable interface http://milehighwings.com/
Heli-X ver. 4.0.1157
azure

Re: Cannot Get Spektrum DX8 to Work

Post by azure »

Anyone? Hoping someone can help me so I can get back on the sim!
ThomasC

Post by ThomasC »

Hello azure,

I don't have a DX8, but did you try to plug in the trainer cable while the transmitter stays turned on? Don't know what "slave" means with the DX8 - if it means the transmitter has turned it's antenna off, then you should actually be ready for simulator operation...
azure

Post by azure »

The slave message has to do with the transmitter becoming a slave unit to a master unit when used in training. It seems that for it to work with the sim, this feature needs to be disabled. But once the USB cable is plugged into the trainer port, it automatically goes into slave mode. I've tried connecting the cable with the power switched on, as you've suggested, but it still doesn't work - there's still the slave message on the display screen and no response in the sim when moving the controls.

Anyone else have any ideas? What about the Heli-X personnel that sold the sim to me? Is there no customer support?
Michael

Post by Michael »

As far as I understand the story:

Plug in the interface in the PC
Connect the transmitter to the interface.
The transmitter should turn automatically on.
It should work.

Does HELI-X say that there is no transmitter?

But I do not have a DX8

Michael
dfruehwald

Post by dfruehwald »

I have that adapter on order for my Mac and I have a DX8 I can try once I get the adapter.

If you already figured it out let me know, if not I'll post what I figure out.
dfruehwald

Post by dfruehwald »

According to the Mile High Wings website the DX6i interface is different from the one needed for the DX8.

I got the non-DX6i interface and it works fine with the DX18. I can give the DX8 a try before I sell it.